I wanted to make a token gift for a friend at work who was celebrating her birthday!! She is very pretty, stylish and girlie, and loves animals. I couldn't decide! Then it came to me a girlie cake of course!!
The whole thing ...............
The front bit with the bow .............
The candle, with a bead or two!!!
The basic pattern was taken from Susan Penny (20 to make) 'Knitted Cakes'.
The book is excellent, very clever and is absolutely mouthwatering!!
Of course I had to tweak the pattern in my usual unique way!! Ha ha!!
- instead of making 'piped' icing I used Sirdar funky fur
- I crocheted the centre flower
- used a pipe cleaner for the candle
- I used stiffening for the edges (the kind used to stiffen peaked hats)
- .... and I did stuff it - if you'll pardon the expression!!
- ... and finished with a crocheted chain bow!!!
Catch you soon tweakers,
love Cathy xxx