Tuesday 17 March 2009

Monroe

Hi folks,

Once again I have had the honour of designing for knitonthenet, the current 8th Issue is gorgeous, glam and sexy!!

This is Monroe which I designed. I have tried several times to knit with lace weight yarn and found it terribly frustrating. There are some absolutely beautiful knitted shawls in lace weight, but they had me beaten - until I tried to crochet with it. I have definitely found it much, much easier to crochet with, hence the result!!

The crocheted fabric feels warm, and has stretch and body despite its lightness, and openess, and it has a wonderful drape to it!! Also using different sized hooks gives it another dimension. I am looking forward to doing more with lace. Check out the other beautiful unique designs in this current issue.

Catch you soon tweakers,

love Cathy xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the crocheted shawl! The stitch looks very intriguing, and I'm looking forward to reading the pattern carefully and working on it. Thanks for contributing such an elegant crochet pattern.

zalika ws said...

hi cathy, thanks for the lovely pattern!! im excited to finish it.. but im stuck at the body second row after foundation.. when u wrote there skip (3tr (dc), 2ch and 1tr (dc)) what does that mean? should i skip it or do it? if skip, how many st should i skip? if not skip, in which ch sp should it stich it?? appreciate your kind help to clear up my understanding..

Catherine Wilson said...

Hi Daisy

Sorry for the delay in replying to your query. Could you please email me.
catherinewilson2009@live.co.uk

Thanks:)

Bradpetehoops said...

Very Beautiful.