Friday 27 August 2010

Fluffy Dennis, Autumn Berries, new start ....

Hi fellow tweakers,

Yeh I know, I am the worst, most irregular blogger on the planet lol!!! Despite not having blogged again for yonks I have been knitting and crocheting like crazy, always having at least one thing on the go. These are two of the most recent:

Meet Fluffy Dennis:

This is a stripey mohair 'Dennis the Menace' like 80's style jumper. The red yarn is a vintage 1970/80's one I managed to find on ebay. I think it is a worsted weight its certainly quite thick for a sports weight. The black yarn is a sports weight, both yarns seem to work well, on 4mm needles the difference in thickness adds texture to the sweater. It is going to be a one size, quite a baggy long number, for a young 'Emo' friend. (I did have another photo, guess what I accidentally deleted it!!!)

and Autumn Berries:



This is going to be a scumble cushion cover. It is made of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, on a 4mm crochet hook, as Noro fans will know this yarn is incredible!! All these beautiful colours in one skein - magic!!

This is a little 3D effect flower, with a little crocheted centre bead .... and theres more!



I have really stretched this photo out. You can actually see the variants of thickness and shading even in one colour. Don't you want to touch it?

On a personal note I have now finished work to pursue a degree at University!!! I am really excited and scared at the same time. My dizzy personality (self admitted) will help to bond with the youngsters, my teens reckon I will just fit in great because I'm mad!!!

Bye for now,
take care ya'll
Cathy xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is just excellent
and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.

Also visit my site - aagi.ceavi.udesc.br